Saturday, October 13, 2012

31 Days to a Happy Marriage: Day 13: Laugh

Right now...this very instant...as this post is being published (thank you blog scheduling!), I can assure you that my husband and I are having a blast on our anniversary 'get-away'.  I can assure you that we have enjoyed delicious food, uninterrupted time, and good music.  I can assure you that we have laughed until we've almost cried or peed (sorry - TMI).

I have yet to find a couple that laughs together that doesn't stay together.

Proverbs 17:22 tells us, "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."

If you're having marital issues, let laughter be the medicine to make it better.

Sometimes we just need to lighten up.  Sometimes we need to give our spouse a break.  Sometimes we need to give ourselves a break.

My husband and I really enjoy the TV show The Big Bang Theory.  Yes, it can get be a little raunchy sometimes, but overall IT. IS. HILARIOUS.  We laugh together nearly the entire time we watch it.  It's something we enjoy doing together.  We put Emery to bed, turn on TBS, and laugh for as many episodes that they'll play.  We're able to reference that show throughout different times of the day that take us right back to laughing.

Find something that you and your spouse can laugh about.  Having fun together and laughing together can be the very thing your marriage needs to go from bad to good or good to awesome!

Seriously. :)






*Find a list with links to the other posts in this series here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment