Thursday, October 11, 2012

31 Days to a Happy Marriage: Day 11: Woohoo!

Today is my 4 year wedding anniversary!  Let's celebrate together!

I have to say, one of the most important parts in having a happy marriage is to celebrate your accomplishments.  And trust me, Jeremiah and I making it to 4 years is an accomplishment worth celebrating!

Four years feels like a lifetime, but also feels like a few days.  We've seen each other at our worst and our best.  We've wanted to leave each other, but found enough courage to stay.  We've brought an amazing daughter into the world together, and are learning how to parent her together. We've served the Lord side by side, and witnessed others face the same challenges we've had.  We've celebrated each other's accomplishments as simple as cleaning the house and having dinner ready to graduating grad school with a 4.0 and MBA.  We've experienced the loss of friendships and the making of new ones.  We've experienced the very love and grace of God to get us through these past 4 years.  We've experienced the un-overwhelmableness of a loving Father.  We've experienced forgiveness from each other when we didn't deserve it. And, we've experienced love from each other when we've needed it the most.

There's no one else in this whole world that I would rather have by my side than my husband.  Jeremiah, I love you.  I respect you.  And, I thank you for walking this journey with me.


*Find a list with links to the other posts in this series here.*





No comments:

Post a Comment