Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 Days of Homemaking - Day 2 - Folding a Fitted Sheet

My Mimi would be so proud that I'm blogging about folding sheets.  She was a Home Ec. teacher.  She taught me how to set a table properly, and that I didn't need to put my elbows on the table.  I'm very thankful for everything she's taught me from etiquette to self worth.  Mimi has alzheimers now, but I know if she was her normal self, she would have the neatest linen closet with folded AND ironed sheets.

I came across this video and it seems pretty simple...(even though I think it's hilarious that she refers to folding sheets as one of the biggest challenges you'll ever face in life! -- I don't know about that, but I do know, when my linen closet is nicely organized, a little piece of me feels nice and organized on the inside.) ;)


But, as many times as I watched this clip, I still couldn't get it her way.  So I did a variation....

Here's my attempt:






I still have some work to do to get those crisp lines.  My guess is that's where the ironing comes in...and I'm thinking that's where I'll draw the line. Ha!  It also could have to do with this particular sheet being a jersey knit.


I also came across this interesting sheet storage tip on Pinterest:

Store the sheet set in one of the pillow cases.


Any of you all have success at folding fitted sheets?  Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment