Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 Days of Homemaking - Day 13 - Puttering

Never in my life have I heard the term puttering.  But, crazy enough, I do it all the time.  As I've been researching homemaking, I've learned that puttering is to occupy oneself in a desultory but pleasant manner, doing a number of small tasks.  In relation to homemaking, it's really the act of making your house a home.  Doing things like putting out candles and pictures, rearranging furniture, tablescaping, light gardening, and decorating in a non-pressure way.  Puttering is not to be confused with piddling (ha!) :)  Puttering really has a purpose.

If planning 'puttering' projects is allowed these are some I'd like to attempt:

Arranging candles in glass jars with coffee beans (or something similar):
via Pinterest vis HGTV


Arranging mums and pumpkins on the front porch for a nice fall welcome:
via Pinterest via scissorsandspatulas.com

I'd love to hang plates in my entry way like this...
via Pinterest via mmmcrafts.blogspot.com


What's your favorite puttering activity?



1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your 31 days. One October I will actually have a functioning blog and will join the fun.

    My "puttering" (a term my dad used all the time, but not related to home decorating) is organizing things in a pretty way. Collect all the magazines and catalogs and put them in a basket. Reshelve all wayward books in color order. I like finding something to spruce up just a little. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete