Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Still new to this

I wish I was better at blogging. I think if I had wireless internet at home, I would blog more. But for now, this will have to do.

Miah and I put up our Christmas tree the day before Thanksgiving. We actually got my parents' old Christmas tree which is still in perfect condition. Last year we had a smaller 6ft. tree, but this tree is 7.5ft. So, I wasn't sure what to do about decorating it. I knew I didn't want the same look as last year's tree.

Like many nights, I stayed up thinking about what to do to make it different. I hate it when I can't go to sleep for thinking about how to decorate things...my house, my table, the tree. :) It came to me...use the tulle from my wedding to wrap around the tree. We had 30 yards of the tulle and, it's just been sitting in the garage since the wedding.
It actually looks really good. I'll put a picture up of it as soon as I find a tree topper I like. :) Shopping for a tree skirt and tree topper have proved to be difficult. For one, Hobby Lobby gives too many options...and for two, nothing seems "right". I know it'll work out.

I really love Christmas time. I feel like the older I get the more special it is. The presents don't mean as much (I still enjoy them, tho!), and time with my family means the most. I'm kinda sad it's (probably) our last for a while with the whole family. My brother-in-law, Chris, joined the military and will be leaving in February for boot camp. He'll be at Ft. Braggs (sp?)...which means sometime in the near future my sister, Amanda, will be joining him wherever the military sends him.

I remember right before Amanda was getting married, we were both still living at home. One day, I just started bawling at the realization my sister and I won't be living together anymore. I remember saying out loud, "Who's going to bring me toilet paper when I run out?!"...as the tears flowed. We got through that...I know we'll get through this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment