Monday, December 28, 2009

I can't believe Christmas is over!

And that 2010 is right around the corner. Didn't I just graduate from college? Didn't I just start working at the church? Didn't I just get engaged - - married?? I really can't believe I've been out of school for 3 years, working at the church for 3 years, and married for over a year now.

When I hear someone refer to 2000-and something as a long time ago, I always think, "No! That was just a little while ago..." Can you believe we are 10 years into 2000? Wowza.

I've decided I'm not going to set New Year Resolutions. I always break them, and then I'm disappointed as the next year rolls around that things haven't changed. What I am going to do is write a "Wish List" sometime this week, then hide it and not look at it for a year. I was in a class once where the teacher said that if something is written down it's like 75% more likely to happen than if it's just spoken. I'll do both and maybe my wishes will happen. But, if they don't...no pressure. Life is meant to be lived.

By the way, the homemade gifts seemed to be a hit! I'm sure we'll do that again. It made Christmas so much more enjoyable.

I was so spoiled this year. My family is so good to me. Better than I deserve. Miah got me tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Sunday...can't wait to go! My parents got us a GPS! Woohoo! (Last year my in-laws got me the Diners, Drive-ins, and Drives Cookbook -- Miah and I try to visit 1-2 places a year - - the GPS will really help us!) My in-laws got us an awesome gas grill with a stove eye that took Miah and I ALL night to put together. It's massive...I really hope it fits through our door now that it's together. I also got some Fiesta Ware to make my set a nice even number - 12. A couple of the gifts I was most excited about is the Julia Childs Mastering the Art of French Cooking cookbook and a cookbook from a fellow blogger that my sister told me about. I read them like novels. Love um!

I think with the money we got we're going to get a Wii and Wii Fit. My sister got one and loves it. Maybe it'll motivate me to workout more!

No comments:

Post a Comment