Monday, December 7, 2009

Touchy - Touchy

My whole life I've been uber sensitive - - to a fault, mostly.

It has its advantages...I can pick up very easily on what other people are really feeling despite what they are saying. And it has it's disadvantages...I can pick up very easily on what other people are really feeling despite what they are saying. :) And, sometimes take things too personally.

My husband is the best at being sensitive to my sensitivity. When someone does something or says something that bothers me, he's really good to listen and not give me a solution.

When we went through our pre-martial counseling with our good friends and pastors, Wayne and Audrey, Audrey's sister and bro-in-law, Betsey and Wood (they stopped by one session to hang) had some really good advice for us. Wood told Miah, "Your wife will talk to you about her issues, and because you're a man, you'll want to fix them. But, she's just wanting to vent; so, it's better to listen than give a solution." Thanks, Wood! That really was great advice...and Miah listened.

With all of that being said, it's good to have someone I can talk to about anything and not feel like they are thinking about how I should have reacted or taken it. My husband is a good man. I'm thankful for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment