Monday, January 11, 2010

So far... So good

Well....my life has been uber busy the last couple of weeks. I work at a church and last week we had 2 church-related funerals. I don't think I've ever felt more stressed. One of the funerals was at the church. I went home that day and barely made it through supper without falling asleep. I never realized how stress can wear your body out so much. I think trying to make everything from the cleanliness of the church to the sound system perfect really took it's toll on me. We just wanted it to be perfect for the family. I imagine that if I felt the way I did they felt a 100 times worse :( .

Even though the year began with so many reminders of immortality, it really hasn't been too bad. Seeing death makes you think more of what you're thankful for.

I mentioned I wasn't going to make resolutions this year, but goals, wishes, hopes, etc. I have a few things I'd like to accomplish like get into a regular exercise routine, cook at home more (and healthy recipes), wake up earlier, organize the pantry. Really, there's probably not a big difference between resolutions and goals but the word difference means more to me than anything. A resolution just sounds so hard and impossible. A goal sounds attainable.

Well, my husband, Miah loves to cook. He purchased 2 new cookbooks - - one is the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook and the other is Cooking Light (I think it's from Southern Homes and Gardens?). We're going to start cooking out of them tonight. I picked Chicken Parmesan - - I'll let you know how it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment