Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sew, Sew, Sew

I've been in a sewing mood for sometime, but haven't been sewing much...until I saw this. It's a blog I follow that I found through it being mentioned on another person's blog I follow. I love it!

So I spent my snow days last week sewing little rice bag heating pads...giving some away - - keeping some.



Every night (as recommended by the blogger, Darby), either my husband or I heat them in the microwave and put them in our beds. It's SOOO nice jumping into a toasty, warm bed.

Our house is all hardwood floors (besides the kitchen and bathroom), and our house is old so it's drafty. Wearing my slippers and slipping into the warm bed at night has revolutionized our going-to-bed routine that use to go something like this:

Slip into bed, freezing
Shiver under the covers for a long time
Put my cold feet under my husbands warm legs
Hear the complaints of putting my cold feet on my husbands warm legs
Have to move my feet back over
Shiver to sleep

Now it goes something like this:

Take off my warm monkey slippers that have been warming my feet all evening
Slip into my warm bed
Fall fast asleep

See how this has simplified my life?! ;)

It's the little things in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment