Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I will give myself permission to...

walk on the newly washed bathroom rug. I never wanted to be "one of those people," but last night I realized I was. And, by "one of those people" I mean someone who doesn't enjoy their "stuff" because they don't want to mess it up.


By the way...I got these cute slippers at Target. I've never been a slipper wearing kind of gal, but love these and wear them all the time!

I think I'm better than I use to be, but last night I got a feeling of uneasiness after I cleaned the bathroom, washed the rug that goes in front of the shower, and was about to step on the rug. It's one of those rugs that's really fluffy and if it's stepped on you can see a big foot print. But I love that rug! It's so soft, matches my curtain, towels, and shower curtain.

I decided it's OK if the rug has footprints on it...it's a RUG for heaven's sake - - made to walk on!

In that same school of thought....I am pretty good about using my nice dishes because I just love them so much. For a wedding gift I got the most beautiful pitcher and a set of 6 goblet glasses from Kohls. It's the Home Studio Baja Confetti pattern. Well one of them broke, and I was devastated. So I called Kohls and found out they had 9 more (and a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE SALE! going on). I LOVE KOHLS! I went there that night, bought 4, got 4 for free. So now my set is at 13. I think if I get the opportunity I will buy more. I love having company and family over. The more glasses the better I feel!


I mean...doesn't that just go beautifully with my Fiesta ware!?!

My husband has me figured out...I don't buy clothes, jewelry, shoes, etc. I buy dishes. It's my weakness. Well, and things that would make my home look pretty (and smell pretty).

No comments:

Post a Comment