Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Oops, I did it again!

I'm only referring to a Britney Spears song because I've been watching The Voice, but I did do it again....I burnt one of my favorite pots!  Like BAD!  Both times I've done this I was steaming veggies, and I didn't notice the water had run out.  But, eventually, I smelled that the water ran out and quickly figured out that my pot was ruined.  Or, so I thought.  The first time I did this I threw the pot away because I didn't know it was salvageable.

Thank God for the internet!  I came across an article that was a 'How to" for cleaning burnt pots just a few days before my incident and I knew it was a God thing.  The second time around, I decided to try it and IT WORKED!


To clean a burnt pot you need:

Vinegar
Baking Soda
Water
Scrub sponge

First fill the pot with a layer of water (enough to cover the bottom).  Add about a cup of vinegar.  Bring that to a boil.  As this boils you'll see the burnt spots begin to loosen.  Once it's a rolling boil, remove the pot from the heat.  Add about 2 Tbs. of baking soda to the pot.  It will cause an explosion!  It's awesome!  But, not too messy.  It's more of a contained explosion.  This step it what really breaks off the burnt spots.  Once all of that is done, dump it out and for the tough spots, scrub the pot with a sponge and some dish detergent.  

Miracle!  

No comments:

Post a Comment